Frequently Asked Questions
Q: My roof is leaking. Does this mean I
need a new one?
A: Not necessarily. You may
only need repair work. The best way to determine the problem is to
call in a professional roofing company for an evaluation.
advise you on the most viable and cost-effective course of
Q: How do I spot potential
trouble on my roof?
A: Signs of problems are most
likely in roofs that are fifteen years or older.
loose or missing shingles
damaged flashing - pieces of metal or roll roofing
wrapped around vent pipes, chimneys and adjoining walls to prevent
water seepage and leakage
buckling and curling - shingles that are bent up in
the middle or turned up at the corners
blistering and rotting - bubbles, caused by moisture
in the shingle, appear on the surface of asphalt
Q: What should I
do if I see these signs?
A: These problems can
usually be fixed without replacing the roof. The key is
find them early and have a qualified roofer deal with them
Q: How do I find a
A: Ask friends, family and neighbours
for recommendations. Contact us,we can take care about your roofing needs.
Q: What questions should I ask before hiring a
A: You want to establish the
contractor's professionalism and high
- Does your contractor carry workman's compensation,
liability protection and insurance against damage to you or your
- How long has your contractor been in business?
- Does the company have a solid reputation for
- Will your contractor guarantee job satisfaction? Ask for
- Does your contractor use only first quality
- Are your contractor's staff trained, licensed roofing
- Will your contractor give you written warranties for labour
- Will your contractor stand behind the work after the
project is completed?
- Can you reach your contractor 24 hours a day, 7 days a
Q: What should I know when choosing
A: There are three basic types of
- Asphalt Composition tiles are the most popular
because they are relatively inexpensive and easy to install. Most
home owners choose the #225 asphalt shingle, as its life
expectancy is 20+ years.
- Premium asphalt shingles provide a more distinctive
appearance and carry a longer manufacturer's warranty. They come
in many unique styles which are more attractive, but also more
expensive, than the basic asphalt tile.
- Cedar shingles and shakes are listed in the Green
Consumers Guide as being completely renewable. They are very
attractive; however, their higher cost makes them a less popular
Q: Once the job starts, how can I monitor
A: Check that the terms of your contract are
being carried out.
- Did the job begin when your contractor said it
- Is it progressing on schedule?
- Are the roofing materials the brand you were
- Is the work being handled in an efficient, professional
- Is the contractor available to answer questions or tend to
Back to the